Position: Estimator / Project Manager
Type: Full Time
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Date Posted: 17/01/2022
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: NOTE: Enterprise Builders, Inc. unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversees with superintendents and foremen to plan, organize and direct activities concerned with the construction projects.
• Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
• Confer with supervisors and foremen to discuss such matters as work procedures, complaints and construction problems.
• Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
• Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site foremen to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
• Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
• Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
• Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
• May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
• Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers and clients.
• Formulate reports concerning such areas as work progress, costs and scheduling.
• Reviews construction documents and understands scope of work to bid.
• Executes take-offs of construction documents.
• Obtains pricing for materials and bids from subcontractors.
• Prepares cost analysis utilizing computer platform by calculating material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead costs incurred in the installation of items.
• Where predetermined standard(s) are not available, makes an estimate.
• Informs the immediate supervisor of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database.
• Develops and maintains resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
• Attends departmental meetings as required.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in construction estimating and project management.
• Experience in commercial construction management.
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to bid, negotiate and manage industrial construction projects.
• Customer Service Oriented and excellent communication skills.
• Extensive Experience in scheduling and managing high pressure projects.
• Strong computer skills and experience with relevant software applications.
• Experience with Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Vista and WinEst preferred.
• Team player and goal oriented.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed both in an office and at construction sites.
• Climbing up and down ladders and stairs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• May be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk or listen.
• The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Pay: Dependent on experience