Position: Project Superintendent
Type: Full Time
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Date Posted: 17/07/2021
Essential Functions and Responsibilities: NOTE: Enterprise Builders, Inc. unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Organizes the assigned projects to include staffing needs, safety requirements, equipment and the overall construction schedule.
• Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
• Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with contracted scope of work.
• Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
• Maintain consistent communication with architects, owners, local authorities and subcontractor representatives.
• Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
• Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
• Ensure project completion in a timely, efficient and economical manner.
• Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
• Manages the job budget and cost accounts.
• Ensures OSHA compliance and company safety practices are followed.
• Prepares and completes daily job logs including subcontractor calls and all verbal exchanges are documented accurately.
• Quality control and thorough understanding of job plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
• Project close-outs including all systems tests, turning keys over to owners, demobilize temporary facilities.
• Perform job progress assessment checks for all phases of construction.
• Completes punch list identification and completion.
• Oversees all employees at assigned projects encouraging a high level of performance.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications (includes education, skills and experience): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field.
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in commercial construction.
• Thorough knowledge of trades.
• Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to communicate in a clear manner.
• Customer Service Oriented and excellent communication skills.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Extensive Experience in scheduling and managing high pressure projects.
• Strong computer skills and experience with relevant software applications.
• Experience with Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Vista and WinEst preferred.
• Team player and goal oriented.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed both in an office and at construction sites.
• Climbing up and down ladders and stairs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
• May be exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk or listen.
• The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
Pay: Dependent on experience